Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default For real ... ?

John Rumm wrote:
On 11/07/2012 17:08, Arfa Daily wrote:
http://m.dailymail.co.uk/money/inves...ix-shares.html

Anyone know anything about these, or the technology employed ? I dunno,
but it feels like one of those "If it seems too good to be true ... "
things. Or is it just another company jumping on the eco-bollox
bandwagon ?

Sounds like a variation on the rent your roof scheme so that suppliers
of the kit can reap the rewards of feed in tariffs etc.

Problem is that is shifts yet more of our generation capacity to gas at
a time where they are bleating about carbon reduction.

and when gas is more expensive than coal, which has moved gas out of the
top spot for electricity generation.

CHP would make more sense,. Nice coal boiler driving a steam turbine and
heat your home off what's left.

and how hard it is to achieve it.