Posted to alt.home.repair

Default satallite TV

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 06:07:43 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 22:15:29 -0400, "
wrote:

So far the DirectTV DVR is a lot
better. OTOH, I'd much rather have cable. I'd switch in a minute.

Why is that?

Satellite TV sucks. Total signal loss every thunderstorm. Just lost 25
channels, but still paying for them. No Internet. Many reasons.

After 30 years, I dumped our cable company. DTV offered more for
less. I could not get some of the HD stations I wanted from the cable
company I see no reason to go back to cable even though they have
caught up.

Maybe le$$, but certainly less.

I have DSL for internet but cable is faster and costs about double.

DSL sucks. All I can get in the AL house is 768K, which is in reality 300K,
on a good day. Here they sold me 6Mb, but it's really 2Mb. Terrible. I'd
gladly pay the extra $5 for real Internet service.

Not worth the hassle of changing email address.

I haven't changed email address for 15 years (still pay for the POTS ISP).