Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wheels (of metal vehicle) straight, for safety

Not sure if I can do it with keyboard, and ascii art. But, lets do it on
compass points, shall we?

What happened in this case, is that a driver of a panel van was going east
bound on route 5 and 20, in Lima, NY. A semi driver is going west bound, on
route 5 and 20, in Lima, NY.

Van driver wants to turn left, so that he'd be going north into a store. SUV
driver, also going east bound, slams the van. Van has wheels turned, so the
van goes north. Semi, west bound, slams the van who is now (crossing the
in the west bound lane.

Had the driver kept wheels straight, the van would have gone further east,
and the west bound semi would have gone west bound.

I'm not sure that's clear.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...

I'm not sure how that follows. Sitting with wheels straight if you get
rearended you still go into the intersection and if there's an 18-
wheeler about to enter it at that time, unless you get rearended by the
Starship Enterprise at Warp 9 or something you're going to get hit
before you go all the way through the intersection.