Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default Building a PC (for those that do)

"dennis@home" writes:

"Owain" wrote in message
On Jul 9, 6:56 pm, John Rumm wrote:
The advantage of pre-built is you get someone else to sit through the
tedium of OS installs!

Are you compiling Gentoo from source?

I've done that, its pretty boring.

In about 1993 I compiled the old X windows system, version 6.3, from
source, on a 386SX-33. (A 16 bit machine with a sizzling 33 Mhz clock
speed!)

It was both boring and challenging. Took a week or two to get past all
the compile failures, most of which were the result of configuration
errors on my part, and then another week or two to get something which
would compile cleanly right from the beginning.
(It still works, though outdated, but the 386 finally died.)

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m