Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default Tools for tree pruning

On 10/07/2012 23:20, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/07/2012 19:02, Nospam wrote:
I've got a batch of tree trimming to do soon; some of the branches are
fairly substantial and high but my days of dangling in a tree with a
chainsaw are gone.
A couple of questions for anyone "in the know":

Are rope saws any good? They only seem to have teeth on one side so how
do they stay with the teeth against the branch?

Are there any good deals on electric pruners on extendable poles?

Are there any other toys I should consider?

Could you clarify what size of tree we are talking about?

I can do the large and reasonably low branches with the chainsaw, but
the higher ones are up to about 200mm diameter and up to about 3m high
(there's quite a lot above that but I'm resigned to not being able to
reach them without using ropes and climbing gear)