Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.home.repair
tony cooper tony cooper is offline

Default Where to get parts for a Nikon D5000 SLR, with DX VR: AF-SNikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G lens?

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:01:37 -0700, nospam
wrote:

In article , tony cooper
wrote:

Other brands of lenses have the AF-S feature. I have a Tamron AF-S
18/270mm zoom lens that I use. A good walk-about lens with a wide
range, but not as sharp at any setting as a prime lens. ("Prime"
being a non-zoom lens) Sigma makes AF-S lenses, but I haven't heard
good things about Sigma lenses. Tamron makes AF-S lenses for both
Nikon and Canon bodies, so you have to check to see which it is.

nope. only nikon makes af-s lenses.

You are correct. I should have written "AF-S comparable". The "AF-S"
is Nikon's designation, and only Nikon's designation. However, other
companies make lenses that work with the D40/D60/D6000 bodies in the
same way that the AF-S lenses work.

Actually, it's just the "S" that other brands omit. B&H's specs for
Tamron's AF-S-style lenses describe them as "Piezo drive AF motor".

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida