Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bending EMT

On 7/10/2012 11:39 PM, Bill wrote:

But it occurred to me that if I can just get both ends to be pointing in
the right directions, then I could made a further very small bend behind
the stud so that the end on the ceiling lies just where is it needs to.
In a nutshell, I can "fine tune the offset" this way.

Thanks again for guiding me to put the ceiling end in the right place!

It's those "small corrections" that tend to be the hardest--once you've
got a set of bends in a piece, then it becomes very difficult to change
much--it's much different working on a pretzel (particularly not
in-plane) than working from one end towards the other where your always
going towards the unfinished work...

But, there's nothing says you can't try it--maybe it'll come out first
go--who knows????

No problem--it just seemed like you were overlooking the fact that you
had to clear the material besides just the width...