Posted to alt.home.repair
ps56k[_2_] ps56k[_2_] is offline

Default satallite TV

"texas slacker" wrote in message

I have satallite TV and am charged monthly by the number of receivers
on line. I can readily buy the receivers and got to wondering how
does the satallite company know how many I have hooked up?

I'm pretty sure each receiver has a card with a unique address - sort of
like an ethernet card -
and that card enables the features you have paid for....
Therefore, each receiver has it's own decoder that is enabled by the sat
company.
Even if you buy a receiver, you still need the "card" to be turned on,
enabled, and authorized by the sat company.