Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bending EMT

dpb wrote:
On 7/10/2012 11:45 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Actually - you hit on something that I missed. He does not need an
offset - he can do it with 2 simple 90's. One 90 to run along the
wall, and a second 90 to run down the stud. Much easier measuring,
and less opportunity for error. Sometimes the simplest things are
the easiest to overlook.

If on surface, yes. It'll be tough to get the 90s in the 3" total
distance though--don't think can bend it that tight per the NEC
limitations (and be in Code, anyway). Assuming 1/2", and that he's
using a standard one-shot bender iirc the takeup will be 5" so he's
short w/ the 3"+whatever by about an inch of the distance for one 90.

Yup - you are right. I had forgotten about the 3" measurement. Back to the
original offset idea for me.

--

-Mike-