Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Tree mill

Gunner Asch wrote:

"Journeyman 325 CNC Milling machine, made by Tree Machine Tool Co., 230V
3 phase, Serial number 9-25-85-5247, was working until machine got
moved. The reserve on this item has been met."

That serial number sure looks like a date code to me. If it really was
made in 1985, then the control is not likely to be very sophisticated
or reliable in the long term.
So it was working until it got moved. Now either they are lying..or
something came loose. If something came loose..it should be findable and
fixable.

That is so typical, for it to not work after a move, it is easy to believe.

Im sure you of all people know how to start checking. And when you say
"the control is dead"...when talking CNC...what actually happens when
you close the doors, turn the power to the machine on..and hit On?

Well, I think Karl and the "kid" need to get it home first.

Jon