Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Building a PC (for those that do)

Rick Hughes wrote
F wrote
Rick Hughes wrote

My concern was getting all parts that work together ... for example many
posts in forums of guys having trouble getting multiple banks of RAM

Just buy 'matched' RAM modules from Crucial?

Not quite bottomed out what RAM to use ... even just getting 2 x 8GB
modules there is so much choice.

But the total cost of RAM isnt great, so not much point in getting too
obsessive.

I chose to use the motherboard/RAM combination that the seller
chose to flog on the basis that they would have worked out that
that combination worked fine, particularly when Asus showed the
ram in the works fine list for that motherboard.

I'm sure somewhere there is a spec that states MHz and latency required to
suit MB and CPU, just not found it yet.

Its rather more complicated than that.

Just use the list that Asus provides for each motherboard.