Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tree mill

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:51:27 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

"The Kid" just bought a mill.
http://www.k-bid.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?klosteria330/76

The control is dead. Anyone know if this control is worth repairing?
Or has my son just bought me a winter project?

Karl

Depends on what the control actually is After 2001..they were made in
Singapore

ZPS out of Illinois
www.zpsusa.com
http://zpsusa.com/3s.html

DynaPath 10 controls... http://www.dynapath.com/

That should be a good start. Determine what the control is and diagnose.
Look for parts on Ebay or the two links.

They are actually fair controls..and unless something is badly burned
up..might be fixable. But...buying boards ...may cost as much as a
retrofit. Depends

Book mark this one....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynapath-Del...-/360414198444

And this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deltron-Q170...-/360431304740

And this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynapath-Con...-/360310886139

Humm...just checked the photos..Journeyman 325. Should have an
Anilam s1400 control on it. Or could have. But looking at the
photos..I dont think its Anilam. Probaby a Dynapath. Check.

"Journeyman 325 CNC Milling machine, made by Tree Machine Tool Co., 230V
3 phase, Serial number 9-25-85-5247, was working until machine got
moved. The reserve on this item has been met."

So it was working until it got moved. Now either they are lying..or
something came loose. If something came loose..it should be findable and
fixable.

Im sure you of all people know how to start checking. And when you say
"the control is dead"...when talking CNC...what actually happens when
you close the doors, turn the power to the machine on..and hit On?

First thing of course you do..is check for any safety disconnects on the
door..and disable them. Then with the door open. check all the plugs,
connections, fuses etc etc..then..and only then.try starting it up and
work from there.

Gunner