Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Circular saw recommendation pl?

On 09/07/2012 20:30, A.Lee wrote:
Robin wrote:

Ancient B&D circular saw just died in middle of a bit of flooring
chipboard so I cannot wait for special deals. I have read the Wiki and
past recommendations. The Makita 5704RK looks as if it wd do me and is
within budget at £100 online.

Yes, thats a good one. I've had one for 5 years, and cannot really fault
it.
For a fine finish, Dewalt do a 40 tooth blade, which is what I use all
the time.
My first one was stolen, I then bought the Site branded one, which is
exactly the same apart from being red.

Is the cable as short on the real Makita? (On my Site its only about 6'
long - nice rubber - but too short)

--
Cheers,

John.