Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Improving insulation and sound

On 09/07/2012 19:22, Giss wrote:
Yeah, new double glazed windows are probably your best bet.

Secondary polycarbonate will lead to condensation and wont be dense
enough to prevent sound from entering the room.

A decent sealed DG window is your best bet - unfortunatley it can be
costly, but you can find some good deals out there.

I reckoned it would be but finances are a major issue at the moment so
looking to DIY if its worth the effort.
I was hoping that I would get some sound insulation from it, the
condensation not an issue as I would slide them open during the day as
the sound issue was more for during sleep time.