Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Building a PC (for those that do)

On 09/07/2012 21:43, geoff wrote:

How much more does a 2TB HDD cost?
£20?

Not seen as little diff as that
Typ SATA III 1TB is £75 and 2TB is around £130

PCI - 2 port FireWire

Does anyone still use firewire?

Yep .. me ... for Video capture ... DVI straight into PC from Camcorder
- avoids use of capture card, and gives you direct DVI files.
Maybe when Cancorders start using USB3 FireWire will go away ..
A Firewire PCI cards is only about a £5 anyway.

1 x DVD/CD ROM
1 x DVD/CD RW
(BluRay RW to be added to future)

Why not just buy one, what do you really need two for?
Make it a bluray RW and have done with it for £60

The reason I had 2 was for DVD copy ... Master in ROM drive and blanks
in RW. Maybe I could do without ... and mount .iso image instead.
Are the BluRay DVD/CD combo drives good value & relibale ? ... or are
BluRay RW drives still pretty new and evolving for PC's... like DVD
drives, early ones were quite slow on W speed.