Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Sharkbites

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Jul 8, 11:22 am, "Steve B" wrote:
Got to my cabin, and had two burst pipes. Had lent it to some friends, and
obviously they had not followed procedure on shutting down the water. I
used Shark Bites to repair one place under the cabin, and one place in a
2x4
stud wall. What a joy to use for repairs.

Steve

Which fittings did you use?

I've used straight connectors, tees and caps.

I haven't tried any of the slip fittings yet. Did you?

I was watching a football game one time. When a commercial came on I
went downstairs, turned off the main, cut the pipe to the backyard
spigot, capped it with a SharkBite cap and turned the water back on,
all before the commercial was over.

Other than the cost, they are great. For quick fixes and hard to sweat
locations, they can't be beat.

****

I thought they all were slip fittings. Anyway, I used two straight slips on
one piece, and two on another. The longest time is for cutting out the old
section, and cutting a new piece of replacement pipe. They were in
inaccessible places, but I use them everywhere on the cabin so I do not have
to sweat anything. The woods are very dry, and there is serious fire
danger.

Steve