Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill@yawhoo.com is offline

Default All the 3 caps blown up in the Graphic Card !

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:22:15 +0100, wrote:

I have this GF-8600 Graphic cards which has 4 1500mf 6.3v out of
which 3 caps have blown up. Should I change the same type or get caps
say more than 6.5v or bigger than 1500mf ?

The originals are soldered with a higher temp. than my soldering Iron
can handle. I am thinking of soldering the new ones at the back with
ordinary solder, and leave the original as it is.

Thanks for your help.

What brand are the original caps? If they were Capxon, Elite, Lelon,
etc you have a common problem. I suggest replacing all of that value
with Nichicon HZ series of the same voltage and capacitance ($0.79 ea
from Digikey).

PlainBill