Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building a PC (for those that do)

Rick Hughes wrote:
Been a number of years since I have built a PC from scratch .. had to
feed in loads of FD's to load Dos and W 3.1 :-)

I need a new PC at home, I have my spec sorted for a W7 64bit (apart
from case), and just wondering whether it's worth getting all the parts
and assembling yourself.
Or buying form one place and get them to assemble ... (Overclockers
assemble for £70 for example)

If they assemble .. at least you can be sure it all works together ...
and guarantee result, views ?

If you think getting it pre-assembled, any companies particularly good
price wise ?
Overclockers, SCAN, Power PC ?

Spec proposed:

ASUS P87ZZ-V LE
CPU Intel i5 3570K IvyBridge
16 GB DDR3 RAM (Samsung or Vengeance)
PSU 500W modular (Corsair or CoolerMaster)
GPU - MSI GTX560 Ti 1GB
SSD - 120GB SATA III Corsair
HDD - 1TB SATA III WD Caviar Blue
PCI - 2 port FireWire
1 x DVD/CD ROM
1 x DVD/CD RW
(BluRay RW to be added to future)

Undecided on CASE .. possibles a
CoolerMaster HAF 912
ANTEC 300
ANTEC 302

I gey a local man to do mine

http://www.woc.co.uk

But thay are standard items, not weird gamers masturboards equipped with
king sized dickchips and infeasibly large fans and heatsinks.

So it might not suit you.

and how hard it is to achieve it.