Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Miter saw laser Q?

On Jul 8, 10:32*pm, "WW" wrote:
wrote in message

A power tool question?

I have a B&D Firestorm 10" Miter saw with a laser guide. *After years
of use the laser became out of *alignment. *The manual instructs how
to adjust it both vertically and horizontally as well as for
convergence. *However, the adjustments *didn't cut it (no pun
intended).
I took the laser cover off and found that the brass laser thingy which
was glued in was loose. *Apparently the glue dried, cracked and fell
out.
OK - must be a simple fix so I used Goop glue to glue it back in its
cylindrical slot and let it dry. Now the problem is I cannot get the
beam(s) to converge let alone align.

Just wondering if any one else has run into this issue before and if
so, how was it resolved? * Eventually I might have to bring it to the
B&D repair shop but I'm afraid of what that might cost.

Ideas, suggestions? * Thanks all.

Check Rockler. I bought a laser for my miter saw from them. *Mounts under
bolt that holds saw blade. * Always in alignment. *Automatic turn on when
brade is turning.. WW

Which one did you buy?

The Infiniter® RS-1 got much better reviews than the Irwin