Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure relief valve

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012 12:48:44 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

"gregz" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote:
I own a cabin. I want to install some sort of automatic valve so that
when
I shut the water off, all the water in the lines drain out. Is there
such a
thing made?

Steve

Look up draining a trailer. Not sure how fellow did mine. Put glycol in
system and hot water tank after pushing or sucking out water.

Greg

Glycol antifreezes are toxic. Google it. I use alcohol based RV
antifreezes. The hot water tank needs no antifreeze if you open the valves
and let it drain completely.

Steve

Propylene glycol is non toxic- commonly sold as "plumbing antifreeze"