Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SAC722 Motorola ?

"Jamie the ****wit Radio Ham"

I think this is a SCR, due to the circuit it is in..
Can any point me to a data sheet telling me what this is?

** Motorola used to ( maybe ON still does) offer custom selected parts.

In the case of their famous " MJ " series power transistors, the "M" was
replaced with an "S" and the 4 digit number was a code known only to
Motorola and the customer - ie, SJ1234.

Motorola also made a series of triacs and SCRs that used the prefix " MAC"
followed by a 3 digit number.

EG: http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...a/MAC223-4.pdf

This leads to "SAC" followed by a 3 digit code for custom selected versions.

One can only make educated guesses at such a part's real identity.

.... Phil