Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Pressure relief valve

Steve B wrote:
I own a cabin. I want to install some sort of automatic valve so
that when I shut the water off, all the water in the lines drain out.
Is there such a thing made?

You could use a "three way" ball valve as the shutoff, so when you shut off the
water, the house pipeing opens to a drain. Assuming that the pipeing was
designed to naturally flow towards that valve from all the fixtures, that might
do it. A pipe from the highest point of each major run to an outside sprinkler
drain valve would help speed the flow of water out by admitting air when the
pressure drops. Faster flow would help get the most water out of the pipes.