Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Laptop/Tablet?

The Medway Handyman wrote

SWMBO wants to downsize her PC to either a Laptop or a Tablet.

Now obviously both have their upside & downsides, so what we are looking
for is a review or comparison site that compares the two different
systems.

We can find plenty of sites that compare each with themselves, but not
one that compares Tablet v Laptop.

Anyone know of such a site?

Thanks all for the learned replies.

I did manage to find several sites that compared laptops & tablets & SWMBO
has read through them now.

Real problem was lack of info on tablets.

Since she doesn't surf the net that much, but does use Word, Excel quite a
lot, she has decided on a laptop.

She likes this one
http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/789615

Celeron is a bit low tech now, I'd go for at least an i3 processor now.

(We buy from Comet because a lad working there fancies my youngest
daughter like mad & gives us really good deals).