Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure relief valve

On Jul 8, 11:29*am, Evan wrote:
On Jul 8, 11:14*am, "Steve B" wrote:

I own a cabin. *I want to install some sort of automatic valve so that when
I shut the water off, all the water in the lines drain out. *Is there such a
thing made?

Steve

Inquiring minds want to know why is this is necessary?
What it takes to completely drain any water system is
going to depend on what all there is to drain and how
it's piped. At the very least, you need to not only open
a valve at the lowest point, but also faucets or other
ways for air to enter at the high points.

No such thing exists...

At least no ready made, practicl thing, that's for sure.

You have to install a drain valve in close proximity to the
main shut off but between the main and the fixtures and
then go around and open the valves on each fixture supplied
by the plumbing to get all of the water out of the lines...

Don't forget to pour Propylene glycol in the drain traps as
those can freeze and cause leaks too...