Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default The first time I ever got fired:

On Jul 4, 9:37*pm, Theodore Edward Stosterone
wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 19:04:44 -0400, Home Guy wrote:
wrote:

What made me think of this incident? Read this article and see
how corporations are literally controlling your lives:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...a-lifeguard-fi...

This is just another example of how your country is ****ing itself up
the ass.

And why is it that a private company is paid to patrol a public beach?

The news story I just saw said that the beach he was hired to patrol
is a PRIVATE beach. *The lifeguard company is well within it's rights
to limit the employees' range (and liability) to the private beach.

Now, firing hte guy is another story.

-TES

That depends on the applicable state laws...

Some states establish an overriding "duty-to-care"
for trained lifesavers which requires those trained
and qualified to render aid to do so... The employer
can not nullify those requirements via any contract
entered into by offering a person employment...