Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Laptop/Tablet?

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:34:19 +0100, John Williamson
wrote:

Also, following a couple of bad experiences when I've had to sort a
mate's Packard Bell computer problems out, I'd recommend against them.

If you can, based on personal experience, I'd go for a Toshiba, Compaq
or Samsung. An Acer I had was good until someone stole it...

Have bought two lappies in recent past and ended up with Samsung both
times.

Outstandingly fast boot times (less than 19 seconds from switch-on to
usable Windows 7 on the faster one; not very far behind on the cheap one).

And, surprisingly, in both cases I could not do better than John Lewis for
price.

--
Rod