Tony

Default Buying a table saw, have questions, new to woodworking

Hi, I've just ordered a new General Builders Saw, should look at it.
http://www.redmond-machinery.com/general%2050-185.htm
That's the link to it. It's on back order, suppose to be in first week in
May.

Tony

--

"Be good and if you can't be good then dont get caught! LOL"

GigaNews wrote in message
OK, here's a can of worms. I am indeed experiencing pain trying to justify
$500+ for a benchtop saw, so what if I *did* manage to squeeze a bigger

saw
in there? What saws would you recommend? I know the names Jet, Grizzly,
Delta, and Powermatic. Any others I should be looking at?

Any reviews of saws in the next-size-up category I should look at?

Bill _/)_

"Silvan" wrote in message
GigaNews wrote:

I'd like to have a table saw, but no matter how hard I try I can't

find
place where I could put a good woodworker's table saw or even a
contractor's saw permanently. I really need to be able to fold the saw

up
and put it away, which is a severe limitation.

My $0.02... Make room for the thing by hook or by crook. My

contractor's
saw eats most of my tiny shop. I've already ripped two pairs of jeans
snagging them on the protruding rails, and I'm constrained in the upper
limit of the size of work I can feed through it, but it's all worth it.
It's so, so, so much better than my benchtop.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/