Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pouring A New Concrete Stoop

On Jul 7, 6:01*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The plan is to repair my front stoop as follows.

1 - Remove the brick veneer from the front and sides of my 4' x 6' x
14" stoop
2 - Bust *up the slab
3 - Bust up the single 6' x 13" x 7" step

This should leave me with the block foundation that is under the
stoop. I've already removed a few bricks so I know that there is block
and a footer underneath.

4 - Build forms for the sides and step
5 - Pour new sides, slab and step, all as one pour.
6 - We're undecided on stamped concrete vs. porcelain tile, but
leaning towards stamped concrete. It's cheaper and should not present
any maintenance issues like tile might.

So, here are my questions, as I try to calculate how much concrete
I'll need:

1 - What's the minimum thickness the slab should be?
2 - What's the minimum thickness the side and front walls should be?
3 - The step (6' x 13" x 7") should be poured as a single, solid unit,
right? (no blocks)
4 - Since walls and slab will be done as one pour, I don't have to be
concerned with wire mesh or anything on the block, do I? Would it help
or just be overkill?
5 - Should I use rebar or welded wire frame in the side walls?

where are yuo located, frost may influence answers?