Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cassette Deck drive bands

On Jul 7, 9:18*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
William Sommerwerck wrote in message

I wouldn't say it was a slight difference as in the ratio
of *1.49 to 1.69 but not such a large difference I had
noticed in general handling. Probably specious accuracy
as I did not remove them for good perpendicular
measurement but 44.86mm and 48.79mm of the capstan
flanges. Figure-of-S shape for the band between the flanges,
opposite rotational distrection, only one engaged pinch-wheel
at a *time of course.

Well, that kind of kills my theory. Your original post indicated that this
was a dual-capstan drive. It isn't.

By the way, does the US term for say the Lazy-S ranch
mean an S that is stretched out or "laid on its back", ie
turned through 90 degrees? or both ?

In cowboy parlance, it means "lying on its side". It does not refer to the
shape or aspect ratio.

Which implies ranch-hands could at least recognise letters.
Pictoral pub signs like the Red Lion or the King's Head started in Britain
because of total illiteracy amongst a lot of the populace.- Hide quoted text -

Was that in the 1910's or 1920's G.?