John Armstrong

Default OT? Help with detering cats

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:45:53 +0000 (UTC), Mike Ring
wrote:

"Adam" ] wrote in
:

How can I deter the local cats from using my garden as a toilet? I've
bought pepper, proprietary repellents and even tried putting the hose
on them but they keep coming back. In the hot weather the smell was
awful! Short of buying an airgun I'm out of ideas. Any help
appreciated!

Adam

I think an air pistol may help, as long as it's not powerful.

I resorted to one to protect our timid moggie against a couple of tough
toms; the gun was not accurate, but rattling a slug off the fence made them
jump, and as long as I was careful to avoid eyes and ears, the occasional
hit obviously stung, but did not injure, and reinforced the gun's spit; it
did deter them, but I was not on 24hr purrtrol, so don't know if it would
help in your case

Difficult to avoid eyes/ears when it isn't very accurate.
A super soaker type water pistol would be safer and probably as/more
effective and much cheaper.

--
John