Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Making a micrometer stop for a Clausing lathe

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

Recently, I was in the bidding for a micrometer stop for a Clausing 12"
lathe. I dropped out when the price soared well above $200. Why?
Because I was thinking that for that kind of money, I can buy a
special-purpose endmill that will mill the 70-degree (included angle)
groove to fit the bedway V-rail. If as-milled isn't quite precise
enough, I can always scrape it into perfection.

I'm reading through your thread. 70 degrees seems to be be what my 69xx is. I think you
have a 59xx, iirc. I'm planning to make my own stop in the near future. A engine lathe
w/o the stop is a bit crippled.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller