Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Laptop/Tablet?

SWMBO wants to downsize her PC to either a Laptop or a Tablet.

Now obviously both have their upside & downsides, so what we are looking
for is a review or comparison site that compares the two different systems.

We can find plenty of sites that compare each with themselves, but not
one that compares Tablet v Laptop.

Anyone know of such a site?

The difficulty is that they are not really comparable in many ways. Most
tables are very much about content "consumption" rather than creation.
So ideal for surfing the web, watching bits of TV, reading books,
playing the odd games etc, but you probably would not choose to write
book on one, or design your next project in sketchup.

If she is unsure of which camp she falls into, then something like the
ASUS transformer prime would be worth a look (or the new cheaper plastic
version):

http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_...r_Prime_TF201/

(there are a few comparisons on youtube)

--
Cheers,

John.