Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Laptop/Tablet?

"Tim" wrote in message

They're a bit apples and oranges, i.e., not directly comparable.

What I will say is that since getting an iPad, I fire up the PC a *lot*
less often. The "instant on" capability makes it a much more attractive
device to use 90% of the time.

My windows machine is instant on, I never shut it down, just close the lid
and it suspends.
Its something apple copied.

BTW its also a 12" touch screen computer with a touch sensitive pen or
finger input and a keyboard and touch pad.

Its also thick enough to actually hold unlike the ipad.

If you do a lot of Office stuff and typing,
a device with proper software and a keyboard will always be better. The
iPad is also a great way of displaying & sharing photos.

Mine works fine for photos, however I have a ~£30 photo frame with built in
batteries that works far better.

I can't really say that there is anything an ipad can do that my windows
machine can't.
OTH my android phone can do most of what an ipad can do.