Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laptop/Tablet?

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 20:41:05 +0100, Tim wrote:

We can find plenty of sites that compare each with themselves, but not
one that compares Tablet v Laptop.

They're a bit apples and oranges, i.e., not directly comparable.

Agreed, I'm looking at the netbook/laptop/tablet thing ATM and coming
down on the side of a small tablet. My use will be email/web and some
document reading (word and pdf) whilst travelling.

I've paid a couple of visits to PC World to have a bit of "hands on" and
that has confirmed my hatred of the touchy mousey thing on
netbook/laptops and the lack of a touch screen annoyed me as well. I have
a feeling that somewhere there is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with my name
on it. The 10" jobbies seem a bit cumbersum in the hand.

It really depends on what she wants to do on it. I can't help thinking
that the screen on laptop is in the wrong place, too close, too low, for
comfort when on a desk. The keyboards are a bit squidged as well I make
use of the seperate arrow keys and insert home delete end, with shift.
Having them buried would be PITA for me for my normal home use.

--
Cheers
Dave.