Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry[_4_] Mike Henry[_4_] is offline

Default Making a micrometer stop for a Clausing lathe

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 21:09:50 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

It isn't obvious that I need a micrometer stop versus a plain old stop,
and I plan to make a clamp to hold a 0-2" dial indicator such that it
will indicate carriage location, and having the 70 degree groove endmill
makes it easy to make all such things.

You might want to consider installing a Trav-a-dial on your carriage.
It measures infinite travel, is always available, and is quick to
re-zero. It's one of the most-used accessories on my Clausing 5914.

http://memweb.newsguy.com/~mphenry/TAD-2.JPG