Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Laptop/Tablet?

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:15:50 +0100, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

SWMBO wants to downsize her PC to either a Laptop or a Tablet.

Now obviously both have their upside & downsides, so what we are looking
for is a review or comparison site that compares the two different
systems.

We can find plenty of sites that compare each with themselves, but not
one that compares Tablet v Laptop.

Anyone know of such a site?

No - sorry I do not.

To change from any form of PC (desktop or laptop, Windows or OSX or
anything else) to *only* a tablet seems to be unlikely to be satisfactory.
I am aware of the various keyboard options for iPads and Android tablets,
but they still don't really achieve the same usability. And there keep on
being things that simply do not work well within the limitations of an
iPad.

Yes - I have a laptop (two, actually) and an iPad.

Maybe a MacBook Air (or a similar formula Windows ultrabook) would be an
acceptable compromise? Especially if an external monitor is available for
when a large screen may be wanted (even a TV)?

--
Rod