Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim[_28_] Tim[_28_] is offline

Default Laptop/Tablet?

The Medway Handyman wrote:
SWMBO wants to downsize her PC to either a Laptop or a Tablet.

Now obviously both have their upside & downsides, so what we are looking
for is a review or comparison site that compares the two different systems.

We can find plenty of sites that compare each with themselves, but not
one that compares Tablet v Laptop.

Anyone know of such a site?

They're a bit apples and oranges, i.e., not directly comparable.

What I will say is that since getting an iPad, I fire up the PC a *lot*
less often. The "instant on" capability makes it a much more attractive
device to use 90% of the time. If you do a lot of Office stuff and typing,
a device with proper software and a keyboard will always be better. The
iPad is also a great way of displaying & sharing photos.

Tim