Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Lenovo T43 Laptop Display dimming

mike wrote in message ...
On 7/6/2012 8:02 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

I suspect it is my CCFL lamp, because I still have an image, and it
has a rosy glow.

You shoulda led with that statement.
That's common among IBM laptops.

Replacing a lamp is a crap shoot.
I've done some that had removable panels that gave
access to the lamp.
Others have it buried DEEP in the frame and you have
to completely disassemble the display.
Be very careful when you unfold the boards with the
display drivers. It's not difficult to turn a dim
display into one full of bright lines.
Don't mix up the order or direction
of all those plastic sheets that fall out.

Like most things, it's a LOT easier the second time
you do it.

Amazing technology in their own right those sheets of plastic - I've never
seen a laptop with a noticeably dim centre of the display or farthest edge,
if only one light tube.