Posted to alt.home.repair
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default sprinkler heads chopped off

In article ,
Deodiaus wrote:

I have some
Toro Mini 8 Rotor
sprinkler heads which were chopped off (and lost) by the riding lawn mower.
Does anyone know if there is a site where I can buy just the top inner part
of the sprinkler heads anywhere for any model?
Does anyone know if a quick and fast way to fix those, without buying new
ones. Each one costs around $10, so I have about 10 which I need to replace.
Some people know all sorts of tricks, so maybe someone might share it here,
or better yet, put a post on youtube!
Do any brands or merchants sell just those parts of the head which gets
chopped off?

Is there a way to protect those? I was thinking of putting wooden stakes in
the ground near them at the same height. I worry about flying debris hitting
someone in the eye though.
Next time, I will make sure that the mower is set higher.

try posting on freecycle or finding a store that recycles building products