Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.home.repair
Arklin K. Arklin K. is offline

Default Where to get parts for a Nikon D5000 SLR, with DX VR: AF-S

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:56:31 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

Those cameras were never designed to take that sort of environmental

This is very true!

None of your cameras is weather sealed

My 'next' SLR is going to be weather sealed, whatever that means in
practice!

The D300S has a degree of weather sealing, but not as complete
as its FF brethren, the D700, D800, D3(x), and D4.

I'll need to look up what "FF" means, but, I'm starting to realize I
probably should have bought ONE expensive (say D700) kit instead of four
cheap ($1,000) Costco plastic Nikon SLR kits (CP5000, D50, D60, and
D5000).

It looks like a quick google of the D700 puts it at around $2,000, so,
given I can re-use my existing lenses, the math works out that the D700
without lenses is only about twice the D5000 was with lenses.