Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amazing

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 08:05:14 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

Doctors used to sometimes prescribe anti-biotics to some of these
people just to make them feel better, thus they built immunity to them
over time.

So how exactly do the symptoms of a cold differ from influenza,
bronchitis, or pneumonia to name several possibilities?

Best you should see your doctor.

And people do not build immunity to antibiotics.

the build a resistance to them
http://immune-system.knoji.com/our-i...s-has-hurt-us/

And I used to go to a doctor who after hearing three words from me would
say "it's probably" and send me home. One day he over the phone told me
"it's probably constipation" and prescribed a laxative. Well, I had
been in pain for three days at the time so I said "screw this" and went
to the ER, where the cleark at the desk took one look at me and called a
doctor. Oh, and he had been ignoring reports of leg pains with "it's
probably a cramp" for over a year when I read that (a) one of the side
effects of a medication he had me on was leg pain and (b) that if the
medication was causing leg pain it should be discontinued immediately to
avoid liver damage.

I now go to a different doctor who actually listens to what I tell him
and tries to find out for sure what is wrong instead of shooting from
the hip. And he found out that yep, the stuff wrecked my liver. But
the good news is the leg pains went away.

You original doctor was probably incompetent; shame that it took a
some time to realize that. Some doctors are so you have to take some
responsibility for your diagnosis and treatment, do research, get
second opinions.

Ok, now you're just arguing for the sake of argument.