Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Amazing

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

When I was still under my employer's plan the co-pay for an ER visit
went from $100 to $200. I can understand the reason, other options
(Urgent Care) are available and should be used. OTOH, I have to wonder
if really serious situations are put off because people are afraid of
or cannot afford $200.

That's a problem with the system and/or people's perception. There should
be walk-in clinics with fairly low charges to the patient, merely to help
the patient find out whether there is something bad going on that requires
higher level intervention, or something that can be remediated with a
simple pain killer. Doesn't really matter whether that is a few slots at
the person's regular primary care physician (I'd prefer that), or at a
walk-in clinic.

But that would cost you and the "system" probably $200 a pop, or more. Who
should pay?

--
Best regards
Han