Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On 7/5/2012 8:01 AM, Bruce wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:07:34 -0600, Leon wrote
(in article ) :

On 7/4/2012 10:43 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 7/4/12 10:28 AM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
:

On 7/4/2012 7:34 AM, Han wrote:

Sorry, Leon. I forgot how far Houston is from the drought-stricken
areas of Texas more to the west.

That part of Texas is historically dry ... even the plant types in the
region prove that as a fact (IOW, when you see primarily mesquite and
cactus, don't expect a lot of rain).

It's only "drought-stricken" in the newcomer's mind, who somehow
expect all places to have the same "weather" from whence they came.

That bit of ignorance, in a nutshell, certainly plays its part in the
perception of "climate change".

I'm going by the news reports that complain of drought in areas of Texas
where they commit agriculture. Or was that a fad during an abnormal wet
period?

Your only error was in listening to news reports. :-)
I'm guessing these are the same type of weather folks who treat every
thunderstorm in TN with 24hr coverage and warnings and the rest of the
standard "crying wolf" fare.

They all come out of the same mold. It just blows me away to see a guy
on the scene in a hurricane, standing in the treacherous winds, his
words, leaning at a 20 degree angle and his wind breaker hardly moving
at all.

I have always loved this gem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8slEPV9LyS0

Yeah! I remember seeing that when it originally aired. That one is
classic.