Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Laundry Chute Regulations???

Owain wrote
u22 wrote

Hi, I'm thinking of installing a laundry chute in my house,
I don't think its a common household facility in the UK
as I have never heard of or know anyone who has one.

I'm interested because it will make life easier as I have a large
family...

It may get the dirty washing down to the basement but you
still have to carry all the clean stuff back up again afterwards.

Still cuts out half the work.

And all the dirty stuff will end up in one big basket at the bottom
of the chute, instead of being separated into whites/coloureds etc.
So that's another job that will have to be done.

That has to be done anyway. Better to do it in the laundry IMO.

Much better to put the laundry room on the bedroom floor
where the bulk of the dirty washing originates and it can
be separated at source into whites/coloureds etc.

But if the clothes are dried on the line outside, you then
have to cart it downstairs to get out the back etc.