Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Laundry Chute Regulations???

On 05/07/2012 21:49, Owain wrote:
On Jul 5, 2:03 pm, u22 wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking of installing a laundry chute in my house, I don't
think its a common household facility in the UK as I have never heard of
or know anyone who has one.
I'm interested because it will make life easier as I have a large
family...

It may get the dirty washing down to the basement but you still have
to carry all the clean stuff back up again afterwards.

And all the dirty stuff will end up in one big basket at the bottom of
the chute, instead of being separated into whites/coloureds etc. So
that's another job that will have to be done.

Much better to put the laundry room on the bedroom floor where the
bulk of the dirty washing originates and it can be separated at source
into whites/coloureds etc.

Owain

If you had one of those "plumbed-in" vacuum cleaner systems you could
just put both socks in it when you take them off; then you will never
have a mountain of odd socks again.....