Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Breaking the epoxy bond under SMD ?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in
:

Hi Jim

I've visited the area many times over the years, and have been there
at most times from winter, through early and late spring, and through
into autumn (fall I guess that is your side). I have only been once
right in the summer, and I found it a bit too humid for me. I seem to
remember that it poured of rain at three o'clock every afternoon for
about a half hour, and then dried right up again. I think we had some
pretty damned good thunderstorms as well.

yeah,that's typical Florida summer.... 8-)

did you know that the "lightning capital" of the US is centered in this
area? Also,the lightning power density here averages twice that of
lightning up north.

It's going to be a big bunch of us again this time. Just had a
grandchild presented, and another due in about five weeks, so it will
be a full three generations thing. Would have been four except my
mother died a little while back. She loved it there (and Vegas !). She
was well into her eighties and still enjoyed jumping on a 747 and
flying across the Atlantic :-)

Are you actually in Orlando itself ? We usually take a house for a
couple of weeks in Kissimmee, way down Poinciana Blvd at Cumbrian
Lakes. Maybe we can meet up for a beer or something while I'm there
... ?

Arfa

I'm way north of Orlando,in Seminole County,while Kissimmee is in
Osceola,on the south side of Orange County where Orlando is.
Plus,I don't drink any more,got tired of it,I stopped about the time the
blood alcohol limits went from 0.1 to .08 and I had just got my Concealed
Weapons Permit too.
But thanks for the invite!

Hey,while you're here,try to visit Skycraft Surplus;I-4 at Fairbanks in
Winter Park.
It's a neat electronics surplus store,has a big rocket on the outside,and
some dummy practice bombs and missiles hanging from the ceiling inside.
Unfortunately,they don't have lots of old test equipment like they used to
have.I used to enjoy seeing all the used TEK scopes and other stuff they
had.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik