Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Amazing

Just Wondering wrote:
On 7/4/2012 6:59 AM, Bruce wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 00:45:45 -0600, Just Wondering wrote
(in article ):

On 7/3/2012 8:02 AM, Bruce wrote:
I have insurance and if I get a cold serious enough to warrent a
doctor visit . . .
What sort of doctor do you go to, who is able to treat a cold better
than you can yourself with OTC remedies?

I was thinking of something that requires a prescription (i.e.
antibiotics) and ergo, an office visit.

That's what confuses me. You said colds. Colds are caused viruses.
Antibiotics are for bacterial infections; they don't work on colds and
other viral infections.

But a "cold" can lead to a bacterial infection, such as pneumonia, by
reducing the body's resistance. An antibiotic, in this case, can be
considered prophylactic.

The vast majority of deaths attributable to the "Spanish Flu" epidemic were
caused by pneumonia. Of course this was before both pneumonia vaccinations
and antibiotics.