Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 08:43:10 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/5/2012 8:13 AM, Bruce wrote:

It also irks me when they report a record high at a place like DFW, when the
last high was back in the '30s. I'd like to see a photo of the DFW area back
then and compare it with now just to guess the tonnage of concrete added in
the past 80+ years...

Don't look now, but I believe that your scenario above is exactly what
is being used as justification for "adjustment" of historical data sets,
like the GrDD toward cooler.

And no, I do not necessarily agree with that rationale, even though it
sounds valid, because there are simply too many other factors to
consider, not the least being there is no way to determine precisely the
localized meteorological conditions on the dates those temperatures were
recorded, i.e wind, cloud cover, rain showers, etc.

FACT: When you **** with the numbers in your data set to any extent,
including "adjustments" based on unprovable and unknown conditions, your
result immediately becomes nothing more than the proverbial
Sophisticated Wild Ass GUESS. PERIOD!

They additionally become yet another liberal lie with an agenda.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732