Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG CRNG is offline

Default The first time I ever got fired:

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 15:43:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote
in Re The
first time I ever got fired::

Many years ago I used to work for a property management company as a technician. One day they asked me to do a repair that was against building and safety codes. I refused, so they fired me. After I got fired I applied for unemployment. The EDD (Employment Development Department) told me that I wasn’t eligible to collect unemployment because I wasn’t laid-off but was fired. I appealed their decision to a judge who, although accepted the fact that I was asked to do something illegal, never-the-less found that I wasn’t qualified to receive unemployment because “the law says that I cannot receive unemployment if you are dismissed form a position”.
What made me think of this incident? Read this article and see how corporations are literally controlling your lives:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...red/56018178/1

"Two other lifeguards have quit in protest."

Good move on their part, because if they had watched someone drown and
did nothing because it was against company policy to live their
section, my guess is that they would have had some serious personal
liability. Company policy not being a defense.