Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:40:07 -0600, Swingman wrote
(in article ) :

On 7/4/2012 10:28 AM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
:

On 7/4/2012 7:34 AM, Han wrote:

Sorry, Leon. I forgot how far Houston is from the drought-stricken
areas of Texas more to the west.

That part of Texas is historically dry ... even the plant types in the
region prove that as a fact (IOW, when you see primarily mesquite and
cactus, don't expect a lot of rain).

It's only "drought-stricken" in the newcomer's mind, who somehow
expect all places to have the same "weather" from whence they came.

That bit of ignorance, in a nutshell, certainly plays its part in the
perception of "climate change".

I'm going by the news reports that complain of drought in areas of Texas
where they commit agriculture. Or was that a fad during an abnormal wet
period?

Han, almost without exception, those areas that "commit agriculture"
have never supported agriculture on any scale without modern irrigation
methods ... guaranteed.

Heh, there would be no "West Texas" if it wasn't for El Paso.

Almost all the agriculture out there consists of a round circle of plants
with a well in the center and a revolving irrigation system to sweep the
field like the hands of a giant clock. I really pity the poor farmer out
there that ever tried to grow a crop based on rainfall or surface water (even
in 'normal' precipitation years).